Well, let me first give you a quick introduction of myself, the man spearheading this project. My name is Tashu and I have more than two decades of experience in the global IT industry. Presently, I head CyberMust Ltd, a London based Startup Builder.
I conceptualised Atheist startups in 2016, the year I finally succeeded in taming my prolonged and cruel, type -2 bipolar disorder. After taming this cruel monster, I created a new road-map for myself and steered both my personal & professional life into a new and more fulfilling direction. Atheist Startups is one of the most important projects of my new road-map.
My Views on Entrepreneurship & Startups
In my opinion, startup revolution and the emerging Sharing Economy is giving rise to a new form of socialist revolution that seeks to democratise wealth creation and distribution. It is creating economic opportunities for the masses like never before.
My Views on Atheism’s Definition
I believe that the dictionary definition of Atheism; “Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods”; is too narrow for our times. It should be redefined, putting the main emphasis on ‘rationalism’, which actually is the foundation of atheism.
Director, CyberMust Ltd
Atheist Startups Mission & Vision
Atheist startups is a non-profit organisation with a mission to create a global Atheist Startup Ecosystem and promote entrepreneurship as a means of democratisation of wealth creation and distribution.
Outline: Goals & Activities
- Community Portal: Developing & maintaining the community portal www.AtheistStartups.com that’s feature-rich, user-friendly and scalable. The portal is a hybrid between Angel List & Linkedin. This portal is the heart of the project. The main goal of this portal is to act as a hub and catalyst to create a global startup ecosystem, especially for the non-theists. Some of the main features of the portal are
- Members Directory: Categorised and searchable Member Directory ( Entrepreneurs, Investors, Job Seekers, Service Providers etc.)
- Organisations Directory: Members can create & list any number of organisations ( Startups, Incubators, VC Firms etc.) . Organisation can invite members to join it
- Social Interaction: Members can interact with each other ( Friends, Chat, Forum, Collaboration etc.)
- Job Portal: Organisations can pot their jobs that gets listed in a searchable job list. Members/Job seekers can search and apply to the jobs.
- Social Marketplace: Members can barter, sell and buy relevant services and products in a transparent Social Marketplace.
- Community Programmes: Developing and implementing global as well as region-specific community benefit programmes that help young atheist aspiring entrepreneurs join the startup movement. A few of the planned programmes are:
- Online Incubator: Extending complete support to aspiring atheist entrepreneurs who do not have access to startup support for whatever reasons ( Geographical location, lack of fund). It may run 3 to 6 months online incubation programmes.
- Online Micro Startups: Popularising and promoting Online Micro startups among aspiring entrepreneurs. These are the startups that can be launched with a pre-seed fund of $25,000 max and that can be managed by a team of 4-5 remote entrepreneurs/workers operating from their homes.
- Pre-seed & Seed Funding: Providing initial funding to those aspiring atheist entrepreneurs who do not have easy access to funds.
- Sharing Economy Startups: Encouraging entrepreneurs to give preference to starting Sharing Economy Startups that further creates small home business opportunities for the masses.
Legal Structure: I’m in the process of registering Atheist Startups as non-profit CIC (Community Interest Company) in London. CIC is a special type of limited company that was introduced by the UK government in 2005 to form non-profit social enterprises.
Proposed Organisational Structure
Atheist Startups Needs You
How you can help:
- First, please join it and add your organisations (Startups, Incubators, VCs etc.)
- Spread the word. Share it with your social contacts & followers.
- Give your feedback & suggestions
- Start a local chapter in your city/country.
- If you’re an industry veteran, please consider joining the board and guiding us.